Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How to get around being poor...

Glimpes of good weather + Summer vacation = Itching to get on the road
Us:Poor + Gas:Expensive = No trips
No trips + Me = So Sad

It used to be that taking a road trip was the cheap option because people couldn't afford to fly. That is no longer the case.

I'm not completely losing out however, I will be heading to Ashland, OR for the Shakespeare Festival and also to Lake Chelan for our annual family vacation, but traveling to a specific destination is not the same as a road trip.

How can I solve this dilemma? Priorities do shift constantly and in the summer my priority is to acquiesce to my nomadic tendencies and hit the road. I don't know if I will get the chance - I'll be on the lookout for opportunities.

In the meantime, I will re-live last years adventures as I slowly finish blogging about them. Needless to say, I'm disappointed I didn't do them immediately, but if I got anything out of that trip it was knowing that we learn as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment