Thursday, July 14, 2011

Google+ and the minuses

Dear Google+,

You came into my life with promises of being the savior of my social networking needs. I knew there would be a price to pay - personal information doesn't stay personal where the web is concerned - and I was prepared. When you insisted on access to all of my pictures in order for me to get your app on my smartphone, I was concerned, but I thought we could work through it. So, I took all of the photo albums that you had and deleted them.

I didn't realize that you would turn around and stab me in the back for my actions, removing each and every picture from every blog post. Perhaps I should have know, the all powerful Google wouldn't have kept any boundaries between the gmail and the plus. It's all or nothing and I just didn't understand.

I've learned a hard lesson Google+. I don't know whether to let you go, or to focus on the good things you bring to my life and try to rebuild. We just met, but I am not ready to let you go, no matter what my friends say. I think you have potential to be great and I am willing to give it another try.

Sincerely (with potential love),
Sus

No comments:

Post a Comment