Monday, July 26, 2010

Audience

Part of the whole purpose of this trip was to really internalize the experience of travelling totally alone. I've never done this for such a long period of time and I definitely have NEVER camped alone before. I wondered how it would affect me and my thinking. Being able to blog about the trip was going to be a great way to offer whatever zany insight I may gain to my friends and family. The caveat to that: now that I know you are out there waiting to read - I process the journey through the eyes of an author with an audience.

Yesterday I drove for about 10 - 11 hours off and on and throughout the day I kept thinking - hey that would be cool to blog about, not because it affected me in any particular way, but becuase I thought it would make something good to read. Is it sad that those aren't necessarily the same things? LOL!

Ah well. The audience is definitely keeping me company on the drive and doesn't even complain when I sing at the top of my lungs off-key, pick my nose, or swerve while I'm trying to take a picture and drive at the same time. Can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment