Monday, July 26, 2010

Don't fear The Reaper

After filling my gas tank and hitting the freeway out of Puyallup, I turned on the radio for some road tunes. First song out: Don't Fear The Reaper. Hmm...As the Blue Oyster Cult classic filled my van and I bellowed for more cowbell, internally I was wondering "WTF?"
After the initial concern, I decided it was really a good omen. Thinking about the words I opted to take it as advice to embrace the unknown and possibly the inevitable. If I live my life in fear of the what-ifs, I could miss a lot of amazing experiences. Even if it's not life-changing, it's still adventure. Something new and different.Yeah, bad shit could happen but it most likely won't and I refuse to hold myself back instead of taking a flying leap into the unknown. If something bad does happen, I'll get through it. If something really bad happens, then I hope you all know I love you and that I would rather find an end in truly living, than to last forever without.
Summer of spontaneity - I'm taking you serious.

Strangely enough, as I crossed into Oregon and changed stations, guess what was playing? Yup. My niece, who was co-piloting from Puyallup to Newberg, and I looked at each other open-mouthed and then instantly began to shout for ...you got it - MORE COWBELL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment