Sunday, July 25, 2010

My bags are packed...

...but I'm not quite sure if I am ready to go.
My brain is running through a cycle of mental checklists, wondering what I should take that I am not and what I am bringing that should be left home.
Travelle Ight and Justin Case are dueling it out as usual, but my money is on the former. My philosophy is typically: if I need it bad enough I can buy it somewhere.
The only caveat to this current trip is the computer? To bring it or not to bring it...that is the question. If I bring it will it be a crutch on which I lean, connecting socially through the screen instead of fully immersing myself in the experience? If I don't bring it, then how will I blog the trip becuase I sure as heeellllccckkk am not going to text it all out via my cell phone! I have about 18 hours to decide but I have a feeling I already know it's going to get stowed away in the van somewhere.

As of right now my packing list is:

  • Sleeping pads and bag plus an extra blanket and a pillow
  • Car bag with first aid kit, poncho, neat sheet, plastic bags, and disposable plates/forks (this lives in my car all the time)
  • Rubbermaid bin with my clothes in it
  • Shorty cooler for food I will bring or buy on the way. I haven't decided or prepped any food yet but I do have frozen water to chill the chest and use if needed.
  • Small cooler for drinks and easy to grab snacks
  • Electronics: ipod, cell phone, camera, computer (?), and connector to charge them on the go.
  • Make-shift curtains for a little privacy while sleeping.
  • Camping gear: 1 burner propane stove, hot water pot, flashlights
  • A pot (bucket) to piss in - just in case or for any other buckety needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment