Monday, July 26, 2010

First Night

I am feeling like a government conspiracy theorist sitting in my van with all of the windows covered by curtains, typing on my computer which is propped up on top of my cooler. The glow of my flashlight is adding to the ambience. I just need to

I’m somewhere in Northern California. I'm not exactly sure where becuase it's dark and late. I meant to camp near Brookings, OR but blinked and suddenly I was going through the agricultural customs at the California Border. I didn't want to pass Crescent City without getting to see my cousin so I stopped at the first place I saw. It's some regional park, $10 a night, and I was able to find a free spot right next to a well lit area with the bathrooms and the camp host less than 300' away. Behind the site it's complete dark and treed, but I feel comfortably safe here.

We'll see how the first night goes. I'm hoping to sleep well and wake up early and get on the road towards Fort Bragg. Not sure where I will stay tomorrow, if I will continue on to San Francisco or what...

Pics from the next morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment