Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ft. Bragg

Kerry and I were roommates in college. Art school really. Neither of us finished, but our friendship has lasted the 13 years since. We lived together, got tattoos together (not matching), took a road trip across the US together.


I attribute Kerry's influence to teaching me a lot about living with other people and life in general and you gotta love a friend who the minute you get to town provides you with a toilet, a beer, and a cigarette after a long drive.
<-----Kerry and Dave.
Ft. Bragg is a typical coastal town with a cute downtown area and then lots of small, funky houses within walking distance of the main drag. It completely fits them and it smells of patchouli and old stuff. Brings back lots of memories. Buddy is the sweetest dog and she guards the house, ferociously wagging her tail when you come into the yard. She left her hair and slobber all over me and I took it as a sign I was accepted into the family.

We walked down to the Mexican grocery store and had some lunch in the taqueria in the back.


Kerry has always had eclectic taste and a love of antiques. Her house totally reflects that retro/bizarre-chic style.


Dave directs at the local theater and works for the Brittany knitting needle company making knitting needles. They are supposedly the best and they sure seemed nice. Sadly, I don't knit....yet.

They work a shift together at one of the local pubs. It's a hole-in-the wall trendy sort of place that serves beer and pizza. It was packed when I stopped in. It reminded me too much of my hometown and that freaked me out a little bit. I was having some sort of anxiety/homesickness attack while I was there. Although it was standing room only, maybe it was claustrophobia...?



After a good nights sleep and a homemade breakfast, I bid farewell and headed towards San Francisco...

No comments:

Post a Comment