Wednesday, July 28, 2010

San Francisco

Rounding the corner towards the Golden Gate bridge I realized that my camera battery was dead, so I did my best with to capture it with my cell phone. I love driving into San Francisco, but driving in the city is a pain in the butt if you have to go downtown at all which I did. We were talking about how idiodic it seems to have built a city in such a ridiculously hilly area, but I guess there really wasn't much control over that. It just happened.


These pictures don't do it any justice becuase when I was on the really steep part of the hill, I was too afraid to let go of the wheel in order to take a picture. Alicia lives at the top of that hill in the distance and when you get there the grade becomes like 9%! I felt close to vertical.


But I made it, grabbed her and we headed towards the Mission district for yummy pie at Mission Pie! Parking in the mission district didn't do anything to alleviate my anxiety after driving through the city. Leaving all of my possessions in my car with an assurance that the risk of break in was medium to likely, was hard to do. But I wasn't about to lug it all out. It was daylight and busy and my computer was covered. I would have probably cried a lot if I had come back to find it gone though, after just having lost my other one. It made me feel lame though to worry about it.


Headed to drop her off after during going-home time, plus there was a....Giants (?) game to boot. Traffic was really fun and sadly our visit was cut short by my readiness to get the heck out of the city. Next time I may have to BART in.


Alicia and I have been friends since High School. Ever since the frocto incident of '94. She just moved back to this coast from NYC and it's going to be nice to know she's easy to see again. Hopefully once jobs are secured and house is settled then we'll get to see each other more. Plus it helps to be in the same time zone again. We didn't even get a chance to be really weird.


I debated staying the night in San Francisco, but opted to move on towards Yosemite since I was already behind my original schedule and I didn't want to wind up having to drive 24 hours to get home because I ran out of days. I braved rush hour traffic, which wasn't too bad really, and headed east of the Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment